Varsity drops one to Rusk
By Stephen R. Farris
Mexia News Sports
Friday night was not good for Mexia Blackcats baseball teams visiting Rusk.
The varsity dropped a 10-0 decision to the Eagles, dropping them down to 1-3 in district play.
The Blackcats had four hits in the game. Avery Williams collected two of those, while Brady Walker and Case Adair both hit singles.
Darius Dorsey was busy behind the plate, throwing out four Rusk base runners.
In the first, Williams hit a two out single to get on base, but that would be all Mexia ended up with in the opening inning. Rusk scored three times in the bottom of the first to jump out to a 3-0 lead.
Brady Walker singled to start the second, but ended up left on base as the Blackcats were unable to knock him in. The Eagles added three more runs in the inning to extend their lead to 6-0.
To read more, pick up a copy of Tuesday's The Mexia News, or subscribe to our e-edition.
- Blackcats take No. 4 seed after 4-3 loss to Fairfield
- Ladycats stay tough through five innings before falling to Lady Eagles
- Blackcats split back-to-back district baseball games
- Mexia track teams perform well at district track meet
- Mexia competes in one final meet before district gathering Wednesday in Palestine